We are outlining below the various releases of Inspekt and the associated release notes including bug fixes, enhancements and improvements to the product. If there are any questions related to this, please contact us.
Click on the Version title link for each release to see more details about all the changes in the release.
- RCA/CAPA Management: The Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Preventive Action (RCA/CAPA) Management module now allows your Buyers to collaboratively track and manage CAPA lifecycle at granular level for each Defect and/or failed checkpoint.
- Advanced Activity Report: Users can now quickly generate advanced activity reports that allows excel export of all inspection booking information, sectional results, along with PO/Lot details and Invoice details.
- Invoice Reference Link: Customers who prefer to retain pre-generated invoice numbers issued by their F&A dept/systems can now link the invoice number with an inspection at the booking stage itself and track it throughout the lifecycle. This linked reference number will then be used for Web Services based or file upload based integration with the F&A dept/system.
- Security/Access Management: Admins can now manage security at a more granular level to ensure users regardless of roles have record level access as per Locations, Operating Offices, Clients relevant to them.
- MDM on the fly: This existing feature has been further improved for faster new company master data management.
- Invoicing Revision History: Invoicing revision history tracking is now on par with revision tracking in other modules.
- SP logo sizing (desktop Outlook email only): There was an issue where the Inspection Service Provider logo was losing it’s dimensions on some auto emails – this impacted only those customers using Desktop Outlook email client to view the emails. This issue has been fixed.
- Booking: On the creation of a booking from the Portal, the System Admin and Booking Manager roles in the Service Provider are notified.
- Booking: We now allow for order cancellations at any time after the order is placed (but before it is scheduled or in execution).
- Scheduling: We now allow black listing and white listing of inspectors for any type of company associated with the inspection (not just for buyer company).
- Field Inspection – Reporting: We have now allowed the upload of supplementary documentation against an inspection. At the time of sending out the report, the user will have the option to send the report with or without the supplementary documentation.
- General: We have made the UI/UX pertaining to Single Select and Multi-Select fields consistent across the system.
- Booking: The style number / item number fields have been expanded to 100 characters.
- Booking: The search criteria has now been expanded to include the Booking Date.
- Field Inspections: Now we warn users when they try to enter defect counts in a field that does not match the severity assigned to the defect.
- Field Inspections: A system admin role can now revise the report even after it has been sent out. All changes are logged in the Revision History.
- Field Inspections: We have now made the Reviewer selection dropdown to also have an advanced search capability.
- Invoicing & Pricing: We have rearranged Price Item Type and Price Item as easily accessible items under the Invoicing menu item. The Invoicing screen has been updated to reflect the nomenclature more consistently as has the actual Invoice that is generated.
- Revision History: Full AQL Overrides are now reflected in the Revision History.
- Inspekt Communications: Email templates have now been improved to use the service provider’s logo more prominently.
- General: We fixed an issue wherein the idle-time lock screen could be bypassed.
- Field Inspection: If a report has been issued, the Edit & Delete action buttons will no longer be available under the images sections.
- Product Taxonomy: We have addressed a minor issue with the Product Taxonomy Search and Sort capability.
- Booking: Inspections Booking managers can now view and browse location specific schedule without having to leave their booking screen.
- Scheduling: Inspectors can now be separately scheduled for specific dates in a multi-day inspection.
- Inspector Black/White List Management: With this new feature for a given Buyer, service providers can blacklist or whitelist any inspector.
- Custom Sampling Plan: Users can now override at Inspection level or Protocol section level the standard ANSI/ASQ Z1.4 based sampling plan and use their own custom sampling plan.
- Image Annotation: Inspectors can now annotate all images from within the application. These images and their annotations will then be printed the final report.
- Invoice Management: Now Inspekt users can easily manage multi-operating office/location specific invoice templates.
- Dashboard: The Dashboard has been enhanced with an improved Calendar to see quickly view and browse the inspection schedule.
- Review Management: With an improved UI, it is now easier than before to configure and manage Inspector to Reviewer mappings in the workforce.
- Query & Results Grid: An improved search query and query results grid screen is now available.
- Booking: Inspection booking notifications to factory contacts can now be controlled from inside the booking screen.
- Protocol Management: Protocol writers can now Preview the Protocol online and Print to PDF or printer.
- Rollout/Trial Run Support: Via a system setting customers can now turn off outgoing Inspekt notifications and redirect them to an internal generic “Catch All” mailbox to avoid accidental notifications during the trial run.
- Image Management: In addition to the pre-exisitng Image Interface, Inspectors can now also attach images under each section.
- Invoice Management: The system now allows for enhanced tracking of Invoice issuance and payment, for both individual and consolidated Invoices.
- AQL Calculator: AQL calculator User Experience has been improved.
- Revision History: Revision History tracking has been streamlined to reduce clutter and improve legibility.
- Protocol Management – Introduced default sample size for Onsite Test items.
- Image Management – Prominently displaying guidelines to prevent aspect ratio distortions
- Dashboard – Dashboard now shows Today’s Invoice Count as well.
- Protocol Management – Carton Specifications now include Carton Weight.
- Protocol Management – Enhanced configuration to allow section level AQL and choose report printing configurations.
- Booking – Booking details edit process related to change in Buyer/Factory details enhanced to improve user experience.
- Booking – Search grid improved to clearly indicate source of order (via external Inspekt Client Portal, Internal Operations, B2B Web Services).
- Scheduling – Estimated Man Day calculation provided with hyperlinked explanation.
- Report – Standard Abbreviated report template modified with enhanced display of failed Defects, Check Points and Onsite Tests.
- Mobile Verification – The mobile SMS based OTP verification process has been improved.
- Analytics – Comparative Failure Analysis: You can now generate Comparative Failure Analysis reports.
- Analytics – Benchmark Analysis: For any product, you can now compare the performance of Buyers, Factories, by country against the Industry performance.
- Quotation Module: Your operations team can now prepare a quotation (based on pricing matrix) and post it on the Customer Portal.
- Protocol AQL – Configurability: You now have the option to include Section level AQLs in the Protocols and display it accordingly on the auto generated final report.
- Quotation Management: Your customers can now raise a quotation request via the Inspekt Portal. Your operations team can then prepare the quotation, which will be posted back to the Portal. Your Customer can then Accept or Reject the Quotation. If accepted Inspekt will generate the Proforma Invoice.
- Pricing Matrix: You can now manage all your complex pricing requirement very efficiently. You can setup your multi currency pricing by Service/Customer/Protocol/Location/Country/Region and so on. This in turn allows for easy and accurate invoicing.
- Terms & Conditions (T&C): You can now setup your T&C documents with captions and show it to your Customer for every quotation and booking on the Portal. Your Customer has to check a box to indicate agreement to attached T&C before placing the order.
- Analytics – Inspector Monitoring: Managers can now generate a report on percentage of Pass/Fail/Pending results by an Inspector for each factory can now be generated. Report reviewers can also quickly view this information during the review process.
- Analytics – Failure Analysis: You can now generate rich drill down Inspection Failure Analysis by Protocol Section, by Defects, by Onsite Tests and so on. Users can easily filter by Buyer, Supplier, Factory, Product …. you can also quickly export to excel all this rich data.
- Booking: During the inspections booking process, in addition to Buyer, Supplier and Factory, your customers and booking staff can now also capture Agency/Agent name and contacts.
- Booking: User can capture the Country of Destination information during the inspections booking process.
- Protocol: You can assign Protocols faster than before based on Product Taxonomy mapping.
- Scheduling: Schedulers can now specify the precise Inspection Time during the scheduling process.
- Field Inspection: Inspekt now maintains a time log to track the time of various events such as “Arrival at Factory”, “Document Signed”, Departure from Factory” and so on.
- Workforce – Capability Matrix: We implemented the work effort related to a specific product taxonomy in the last release. Building on top of that functionality we are now rolling out the Capability Matrix. Workforce Managers can assign specific product taxonomies to a workforce as their capabilities. In addition, they can indicate the proficiency of the workforce in that specific product taxonomy.
We have a system wide setting that can be set thru the settings menu that indicates the multiplier for the proficiency (e.g. Average=100%, Low=75%, High=120%). Workforce can also see their capability under the Skills tab in their own profile.
- Scheduling – Estimated Man Days & Improved Inspector Filter: The workforce capability is used to list available inspectors with a capability pertaining to the inspection at the top of the list in the scheduling screen. When an inspector is assigned in scheduling, the estimated man days is automatically calculated taking into account the sample size, the average number of samples an average inspector can do in a man day for the selected product taxonomy and the proficiency of the assigned inspector.
- Inspection Execution – Revision History: We have implemented Revision History for Inspections Execution in both the Online and Offline modules of Inspekt. Now users will be able to see all of the changes made (including by whom and when) providing a valuable audit trail as the inspection moves through the workflow.
- Inspection – Generate Inspection Certificate: The system now lets you generate an Inspection Certificate. The Inspection Certificate can only be generated by the Report Reviewer at the end of the Reporting Workflow.
- Image Compression in Inspekt (Online and Offline): We have implemented compression of images – with no discernible loss in image quality in both the online and offline versions of Inspekt. This will dramatically reduce the size of generated reports (overcoming barriers to emailing large reports via email).
- Inspekt Offline – Update Notifications Push: Inspekt Offline will now be notified whenever there is a new update to functionality available. The inspector will be notified of the same and will have to save their changes and restart the application on their desktop to get all of the new code changes.
- Booking – Shortlist protocols based on product taxonomy: We already limit protocols in the booking screen based on the type of inspection. Now we are also applying the product taxonomy as a filter to show the most relevant protocols. Of course, users will still have the option to override these applied filters by using the advanced protocol search.
- Contractor Availability: We have now improved the workforce profile to allow contractors to indicate the days they are not available for inspections (the leave type is set to Not Available and is non-editable). This will allow you to have better visibility to contractor availability during scheduling.
- Leave Management: System allowed to create leaves in the same date range as existing leaves. This has now been fixed.
- Web Portal – Search Functionality: Addressed an issue where some of the fields in the web portal search were not being taken into account during search.
- Booking Cloning Functionality: Cloning a Portal order should have created an Operational order instead of a Portal order. Fixed now.
- Contact reporting to another contact: The system allowed a contact to report to any other contact. We have now fixed this so that a contact at a company can only report to another contact at the same company.
- On-the-fly MDM – Sections: Fixed an issue where adding a section on the fly in the Checkpoints tab was now working.
- Reporting – Report Variation: Our customers have asked for the ability to have report formats that are different from the standard QualNimbus report format. We are pleased to announce that this capability is now available in the system. Learn More
- Consolidated Invoicing: Another feature that our customers have asked for is consolidated invoicing. You will still have to enter the details of each individual invoice associated with an order. But now you will have the option to send out a consolidated invoice at any time by pulling together multiple individual invoices into a single invoice. Learn More
- Inspekt Bridge – Booking Web Service: For customers that already have a web presence whereby they are capturing orders, we are pleased to announce Inspekt Bridge – a set of web services that allow such companies to simply call a web service and send orders into Inspekt. Inspekt Bridge is currently in public BETA. If this is something you would like to implement, please send us a note via the in-application support mechanisms (or via our support email) and we can share with you the process to implement this for your instance of Inspekt.
- MDM – Work Effort: We have now implemented the ability to add the Sample Size that can be inspected (on average) at the Product Taxonomy level. Now you can define how many samples an “average” inspector can inspect in 1 man-day. Learn More
- Workforce – Holiday Schedules: We already have the capability in the system wherein we can define location specific holidays. Now users can have their own holiday schedule set up in the system. Users can access this from their user profile or from the Workforce Management screen.
- In application support (Event based help): We have now implemented the foundation of providing event or trigger driven help interventions. So now, we will be able to prompt users with a help video or deck when they try to use a capability for the first time. Stay on the look out for usage videos pertaining to first-time usage in the various parts of the application.
- Email Notification: Inactive users were getting notifications – this has now been fixed.
- Protocol + On the fly MDM: We have fixed an issue wherein if a defect was added on the fly while constructing a protocol, it would not be available for selection (we still had a workaround by doing an advanced search and selecting the item). Now this has been addressed.
- Customer Portal – Booking Form: Customers of the service provider will be now able to directly place an order with the service provider thru the Customer Portal. While booking the order the customer can only select other stakeholders (e.g. factory/supplier in the example above) from other companies that they have already transacted with before. They can also add a new stakeholder (company/contact) if the one that they are trying to add does not exist in the drop down list. View all the details about this functionality by clicking here.
- Inspekt – View and Edit Customer Orders from Portal: When a customer places an order from the portal, it shows up in the booking screen. We have added a field to the grid that indicates the source of the order (Portal or Operations). The operations user will be able to either add any new stakeholders to the database – or select existing ones that match from the company/contacts master data.
- Portal & Inspekt Booking – Order Notes: We have now added the ability to add notes to orders in both Inspekt and Portal. Inspekt notes can be internal or made visible to the customer in the portal.
- Booking & Scheduling – Link Location: All inspection orders can now be linked to a location (a service provider’s operating office). In the booking screen this shows under the General tab (and the field is not mandatory).In the scheduling screen, this field is mandatory and must be selected. Note that by default, the inspectors linked to a location will be shown. Changing the location will show the inspectors for the new location. The user can also expand the filter for location by clicking on the filter icon and selecting multiple locations from which to list inspectors.
- Field Inspections – Inspector Review & Rating: We have now included the ability for the reviewer to provide feedback and a rating (1-5 scale) to the inspector(s) assigned to an inspection. The reviewer will also be able to add internal review comments. Under the menu Site Options -> System Settings, we have a setting for Transparent Inspector Ratings – which, if set, will make the rating visible to the inspector.
- Field Inspection (View Only Option for Inspectors): We have now implemented a view only option for the inspector – wherein they can come in and view the details of the inspection that has been assigned to them prior to initiating execution. They can do this at any time after the inspection has been assigned to them.
- Field Inspection (Ability to change assigned Reviewer): The inspector or reviewer can now change the assigned reviewer to a field inspection. Once the reviewer is changed, the new reviewer will get a notification about the inspection to be reviewed.
- Email Notification: Format of the information has been fixed..
- Field Inspection: When a user had roles of both Inspector and Reviewer, they were unable to view an inspection after field inspection was initiated. This has now been fixed.
- Field Inspection: We have fixed an intermittent issue wherein after the inspection was saved 3 times, the inspection date would change.
- Field Inspection: After updating the inspection record, the colors of the results would not display when the record was opened again. This has now been addressed.
- Contacts: The option to receive reports with specific results used to incorrectly show the result family for selection. This has now been fixed wherein the user can select specific results (related to the company and its programs) for which they can choose to receive reports.
- Application Tour: The content in the tour has been cleaned up.
- Menus: In certain use scenarios, the main menu would look cut off and under certain conditions, the sub menus would now show. This has been addressed.
- User Profile: We have fixed an issue wherein the language selection drop down was getting cut off (esp. on large screens).
- On-The-Fly Master Data Creation: Our users have told us that they want to have a faster way of capturing master data information – and without breaking the flow of the transaction. For example, if you are adding an order and have filled in most of the form, but did not find the factory in the drop down, you would have had to discard all the changes made thus far and go to the Company master and add the factory and then come back and redo the order capture. Now, we have introduced a system option setting that allows companies to capture master data on the fly. Learn more about this feature by clicking on the release link.
- Application Tour: To help new users quickly learn and understand the features of Inspekt, we are now introducing an application tour that walks the user thru the various capabilities that they have access to.
- Workforce Notification Workflow: We have implemented a new feature in the Workforce screen. Before, you had to create a workforce person and type in their password and then give that to them manually. To optimize this workflow and further secure the system, we have now implemented a workflow wherein new workforce added to the system will automatically get an email with their userid (which will be their work email-id) and password. When they first login to the Inspekt system, they will be forced to change their password.
- Menu Redesign: We have simplified the design of the menu and cleaned it up to improve flow and use.
- Menu Memory: For new users, the Menu now opens in an “open” state by default. The menu also remembers its last state (open or collapsed) the next time you log in to the system.
- Translations: We have added Spanish as a new translation to the User Profile language options. As always we welcome feedback about our translations and anything we can do to improve it.
- Billing Contact & Invoice Recipient: You can now select who the billing contacts and invoice recipients will be for QualNimbus invoices.
- Booking: Save will not close the form – but keep it open until the user closes it.
- Protocol Creation: At the time of creation, we have made it more intuitive to remove all the sections and then add a section. One section will still always be required in any protocol.
- Registration Verification: A Login button on this screen seemed to be confusing to people trying to sign up. So we have now removed that button. On successful verification you will be taken directly to the instance creation screen (no action required) and then onto the login screen automatically.
- SMTP Services: We have migrated SMTP Services (sending emails from Inspekt) from Zoho to Amazon’s Simple Email Service (AWS SES). This will bring about a higher degree of reliability, scalability, deliverability, exception handling and speed/performance to email delivery capabilities in Inspekt.
- Client Portal: The portal was displaying results even when the report had not yet been issued. This has now been addressed.
- Report Review: The system used to allow going to a Report Review without a result being assigned to the inspection. This will no longer happen.
- Protocol: Selection of Client Program was not working. This has been fixed.
- Registration: The screen and email were inconsistent in the naming of Auth code (the email called it One Time Password) – which could have been confusing. We have now fixed the email so it calls it Auth Code.
- Portal: In some very rare situations, a Client Portal user was having an issue wherein pages were being opened and closed after logging in. This has been addressed.
- Activity Report: Under some circumstances, some fields were editable in the activity report. This has been fixed so no fields are editable in the report.
- Revision History: In some masters, the creation record was not being shown in revision history. This has been fixed.
Version 1.2.2 (20160608.1): 8 June 2016
- Inspection Type: Making an update to the Service table and adding a service of type Inspection was not being reflected in the booking screen (Inspection Type selection). We have now addressed this issue.
Version 1.2.1 (20160601.1): 1 June 2016
- Protocols: We had an issue wherein the system allowed the creation of an Inspection Protocol with no sections. This was causing issues with editing the protocol after creation – and any orders that used that protocol could not be executed. We have now fixed the issue wherein it will require that at least one section be selected at the time of protocol creation. (This has been identified as a P1-Blocker issue and as such the fix is being deployed via an emergency release)
- Client Portal: We are excited to announce the launch of the Inspekt Portal wherein your customers will be able to login and view their orders, download reports & invoices and more.
- New Portal Administration tab under Company (open YOUR – the Service Providers’s record) and grant Portal access to companies & contacts.
- Customers can view the details of the order and download reports and invoices directly from the portal.
- If a customer works with multiple service providers that use Inspekt, they will have the ability to choose the service provider in the top right corner of the screen.
- Note: Only those reports and invoices that were issued from Inspekt will be visible to the client and available for download.
- A lot more functionality is coming to the portal soon – so stay tuned! 🙂
- Activity Report: A comprehensive new report has been built in Inspekt (for the Service Provider) to allow searching for orders via multiple criteria along with ability to view order details.
- Integrated Help: We have now built in the ability to view Help content directly into the system.
- Protocol Management: You can now re-order sections during protocol creation
- Workforce: One contact can only be connected to one company at any given time.
- Multi Language UI: Inspekt now supports multi-language labels on the UI.
- Payment Methods & Invoices:
- We have now integrated the ability for our customers to add credit cards to the company profile to arrange for payments to QualNimbus.
- The Billing section now provides listing of Invoices issued by QualNimbus with the ability to view and download invoices.
- Invoicing is now significantly enhanced to allow for line item creation enabling a detailed invoice. Discounting, deposit reductions, total applicable taxes, memos, payment terms, receipt attachments, etc. are all available.
- Auto generate invoices as Word/PDF files with integrated emailing to customers.
- Workforce: Workforce now supports a Contractor indicator.
- User Experience: Column menu in Grids now have a Group By option which let’s users group information by the unique values in a column.
- Workforce: Admin users are now prevented from deactivating themselves.
Version 1.0.1 (20160426.1): 26 April 2016
- Removed Google Recaptcha from the registration page to address sign up issues in China.
Version 1.0.0 (20160420.1): 20 April 2016
First Production Release of Inspekt.