Version 1.5.0 (20160813.1): 13 August 2016
- Reporting – Custom Report Formats: Our customers have asked for the ability to have report formats that are different from the standard QualNimbus report format that can be at the Service Provider level or the Buyer level. We are pleased to announce that this capability is now available in the system as a premium service.
- Customers can now request us to have a customized report format (send us a support request through the application and we will initiate a workflow). The customized report format will display the same information that is displayed via the default report format, but customized to reflect the formatting and look and feel that is requested by the customer. Note that each customized report format has to be individually developed, and as such there will be an extra charge for each custom report format.
- Customized report formats can be attached at the Service Provider level, the Buyer level or the Buyer’s Program level.
- The hierarchy of selection of the report format for any inspection order will be as follows:
- If a report format is available at the Buyer’s Program level, it will be used when an order has that Program assigned.
- Otherwise, if a report format is available at the Buyer Company level, that will be used.
- Otherwise, if a report format is available at the Service Provider Company level, that will be used.
- Else, the QualNimbus default report format will be used.
- Based on these rules, the report format will be automatically selected in a drop down on the field inspections screen. This can be overridden, if the user desires.
- Consolidated Invoicing: Another feature that our customers have asked for is consolidated invoicing. You will still have to enter the details of each individual invoice associated with an order. But now you will have the option to send out a consolidated invoice at any time by pulling together multiple individual invoices into a single invoice:A few things to note:
- The invoiced entity (buyer / supplier / factory) must be the same across all selected invoices.
- Edits made to invoice notes are stored with the consolidated invoice – not stored back to the individual invoices.
- Invoice notes can be consolidated into a single note if the user so desires (ability to edit / delete notes is provided).
- A consolidated invoice can be edited at a later point in time.
- Consolidated invoices can be sent to customers directly via this screen.
- One click automated generation of consolidated invoice works just like the individual invoice currently does.
- The consolidated invoice generation option is available under the Invoicing menu.
- Inspekt Bridge – Booking Web Service: For customers that already have a web presence whereby they are capturing orders, we are pleased to announce Inspekt Bridge – a set of web services that allow such companies to simply call a web service and send orders into Inspekt. Inspekt Bridge is currently in public BETA. If this is something you would like to implement, please send us a note via the in-application support mechanisms (or via our support email) and we can share with you the process to implement this for your instance of Inspekt.
- MDM – Work Effort: We have now implemented the ability to add the Sample Size that can be inspected (on average) at the Product Taxonomy level. Now you can define how many samples an “average” inspector can inspect in 1 man-day. Simply click on the + sign on the 4th node of the taxonomy and add the number of samples. In coming releases, we will implement:
- Workforce: Assigning product taxonomy nodes to the workforce to indicate affinity to different items on the taxonomy. Also, ability to assign proficiency (Low, Average, High) against each taxonomy node assigned. This will allow maintenance of Workforce Capability matrix.
- System Options: Ability to assign a multiplier to each of the Proficiencies (e.g. Low = 0.75, Average = 1, High = 1.2) which can then be used as a multiplier to calculate the specific inspector’s output.
- Scheduling: The estimated number of man-days based on the order quantities, inspection level and the work effort. The estimated actual number of man-days based on the Workforce capability when inspectors are assigned to an inspection during scheduling. Suggested inspectors will also be prioritized on the basis of capability tied to the product being inspected.
- Order Quotation: This also lays the groundwork for us to provide quotations via Inspekt.
- Workforce – Holiday Schedules: We already have the capability in the system wherein we can define location specific holidays. Now users can have their own holiday schedule set up in the system. Users can access this from their user profile:A new holiday can be added to the calendar by simply clicking on the day of the calendar and adding an entry. Note that the same functionality is also available from the workforce management screen. It is also important to note that Inspectors will show as unavailable in the scheduling screen if they have a holiday defined on their calendar for the scheduled inspection dates.
- In application support (Event based help): We have now implemented the foundation of providing event or trigger driven help interventions. So now, we will be able to prompt users with a help video or deck when they try to use a capability for the first time. Stay on the look out for usage videos pertaining to first-time usage in the various parts of the application.
- Email Notification: Inactive users were getting notifications – this has now been fixed.
- Protocol + On the fly MDM: We have fixed an issue wherein if a defect was added on the fly while constructing a protocol, it would not be available for selection (we still had a workaround by doing an advanced search and selecting the item). Now this has been addressed.
Click here to see the entire change log (for every release).
ABOUT Inspekt: Inspekt lets you manage the entire Inspections lifecycle – from order to invoice – all from your web browser. With innovative capabilities such as dynamic inspection protocol management and field inspection data capture and productivity enhancing features such as automatic report and invoice generation, the solution can streamline your operations and enhance productivity thus helping you save costs while delivering a better customer experience.